Setting Up Light Stands
- Loosen the knob located at the base of the light stand (4-pronged knob, looks like an X).
- Apply pressure downwards, pushing towards the floor, as this will extend the legs outward.
- Lower until the stand is about 1-inch off of the ground.
- Tighten the knob that was loosened.
- TO ADJUST HEIGHT OF STAND:
- Using the three remaining (flat-shaped) knobs on the stand, loosen and adjust accordingly.
Setting Up uLites & Softboxes
- Locate the softboxes and the (4-pronged, slim) softbox rods.
- Attach the rods to the softbox, by working the rods into the slips inside the softbox.
- MAKE SURE HEAT VENT IS POSITIONED AT THE TOP OF ULITE.
- Always keep this open while in use to prevent overheating.
- Open the softbox by pushing the round center runner towards the lamp socket until flush.
- BEFORE YOU DO THIS, take off grey ring that is around the lamp socket, and push runner flush; then replace the grey ring around the socket.
- Loosen knob that is located at the bottom of softbox (tilting bracket).
- Place bracket onto the top stud of the light stand.
- Tighten the knob to lock it into place.
- Make sure the light stand is not plugged into any power unit.
- Locate the lamp and screw it into the lamp socket.
- Locate the white diffusion panel (white cover for softbox).
- Velcro should line up and overlap the softbox to take shape.
- Connect power, and turn on.
- Repeat steps for the second light stand.
Hanging Up the Green Screen
- Remove Green Screen Backdrop from case.
- In the Anderson classroom, there are 3 Command hooks located at the front of the room, by the projection screen.
- Position the green screen backdrop with the soft side facing outward, silky side towards the wall.
- There should be some excess green screen backdrop that falls onto the floor.
Moving Furniture in the Classroom
- To get a good shot/viewpoint of the screen, the front 2 tables (with chairs) may be moved.
- REMEMBER to move all desks and chairs back to their original places before you leave the classroom.
Disassembling The Green Screen Kit
- Power off and unplug both uLites.
- IMPORTANT: Allow the lamps to cool before proceeding with disassembly.
- Wait 20 minutes for Photoflood bulbs.
- Wait 7 minutes for Fluorescent bulbs.
- Remove the softbox cover.
- Once cool, unscrew the light bulbs and return to their packaging.
- Unscrew the metal locking ring on the uLite. Locate the round center runner and pull towards you, allowing the softbox to naturally collapse.
- Locate the thumb screws and turn counterclockwise until the softbox is released from the main light fixture.
- Separate the uLites from the softboxes and return to their packaging.
- Collapse the light stands by untightening the knobs described above. Return light stands to kit bag.
- Remove the green screen backdrop from the command hooks, fold, and return to the kit bag.
- Ensure all components are returned to the bag.