Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How To Read a Research Article
For Each Article you locate in your search:
- Abstract -- Start here. If the information provided here meets your needs, continue on. If not, find an article that better fits your needs
- Introduction - What is the author proposing?
- Conclusion - What did the author discover?
- Literature Review, Methodology, Research, etc. - Start from the beginning and carefully read with your pen in hand so you can ANNOTATE
ANNOTATE - write all on and throughout your reading of the article
- Summarize - paragraphs or sections
- Reflect on arguments
- Evaluate the evidence
How to Read a Scientific Paper