Remove the lines and type your answers into the spaces for your team.
You will have 7 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to present to the class.
location and "type of art" or issue
Color of Contemporary Visual Culture - Schemes, "popular colors" "Use of color" , "color schemes" art, sculpture, painting, design
Environmental Art – Politics of Visibility - nature, "environmental awareness", activism, materials, sustainability, "publically funded,
Indigenous Lifeways - culture, "culture specific art" "native art" "historical roots" "spirituality in art" traditions
The State of Community – Public Art - installations, "publically funded", "street art", "art for everyone" , modern,
Leaving Home – Bordering Justice - immigration, transition, refugee, "movement of people" , "foreign policy", hardship
and Student Choice....
Turning topics into search terms. . .
1. Due weekly: Visual Research SketchbookJournals for artists/artworks from 5 Continents for each of 5 Topics
2. 1-3 artists for each Continent inserted into Sketchbook-Journals each week – photos of pages uploaded weekly
3. Use ppt Template for image captures will select from these for group presentations per Topic; Template posted to Moodle; may print 25% for small size.
4. List artist/artworks on the map; may index with icons, numbers, or color-coding
5. Students sign up for Topic; will present 30 min Topic each Thursday
6. Final choice individual
7. Research findings can be drawn from original for stylistic representation on velum or other kinds of paper